ad

Amber Heard Fights Against Domestic Violence in New PSA


Amber Heard gave an emotional statement about domestic violence in a new PSA for the #GirlGaze Project, in honor of International Day for the Elimination of Violence Towards Women this past Friday (Nov. 25, 2016).





Heard, who claimed she was abused by ex-husband Johnny Depp prior to settling her divorce with him earlier this year, never mentions Depp’s name in the short video, but rather talks to someone off camera about her experience.
“How is this happening to me? I’m strong. I’m smart. I’m not a victim,” the actress said. “There is a lot of shame attached to that label of victim. It happens to so many women. When it happens to you behind closed doors, with someone you love, it’s not that straightforward. If a stranger did this … it would be a no-brainer.”
A teary Heard then talked about the support system of women she had when she went “public” and filed a domestic violence restraining order against Depp that she later withdrew. “If I hadn’t had a few people that I really trust around me, a few women … if I didn’t have them around me, how different my life would’ve been,” she said. And she wants women to remember that “your voice is the most powerful thing.” Watch the PSA below.
Depp and Heard settled their divorce in August, with Depp agreeing to pay his ex approximately $7 million, which was donated to charity.









RECENT POSTS

ad