ad

'I and my wife are in tears' - Director Ryan Coogler pens heartfelt letter to ‘Black Panther’ fans

Ryan Coogler, 31, the director and co-writer of Marvel studio’s worldwide blockbuster “Black Panther” has penned a heartfelt letter expressing his profound gratitude for the success of the film. 

In the letter posted on Marvel’s official Instagram and Twitter account, he said that the love shown so far to the actors and crew of the must watch movie, often moved him and his wife to tears.
Read the letter below.
'I am struggling to find the words to express my gratitude at this moment, but I will try. Deep down we all hoped that people would come to see a film about a fictional country on the continent of Africa, made up of a cast of people of African descent.
'Never in a million years did we imagine that you all would come out this strong. It still humbles me to think that people care enough to spend their money and time watching our film. But to see people of all backgrounds wearing clothing that celebrates their heritage, taking pictures next to our posters with their friends and family, and sometimes dancing in the lobbies of theaters — often moved me and my wife to tears.'

RECENT POSTS

ad