ad

Appalling video shows drunk granny fondle genitals of Elvis tribute artist on stage while dancing

An Elvis tribute act has revealed shocking footage of a 'drunk granny' appearing to grope his crotch while he performs to highlight that 'sexual assaults' on male performers are not acceptable.
Dad-of-eight Lee Grindey, 41, was being filmed by his wife while working at a festival three weeks ago when footage appears to show him be touched inappropriately by a female reveller.
Appalling footage shows the unnamed woman, believed to be in her late 50s, appearing to deliberately back into Lee to fondle his genitals before dancing off and cackling with a pal.




The professional performer was left 'angry and upset' and claims if a male had done the same to a female performer, they would be 'going through the courts'.
However, family members of the woman have reportedly slammed Lee for sharing the footage — unbelievably claiming that he was in the wrong for sharing the video to raise awareness.
Lee has bravely waived his right to anonymity as the victim of a sexual assault and hopes that by sharing the video others will see the behaviour is not appropriate on male or female performers.
Lee, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, said: "Elvis would never have accepted that, so I won't.
"I'm hoping to raise awareness and show not only women are victims of such assault. It isn't a bit of fun. If it was the other way round I'd be going through the courts by now. The woman who did it thought it was great. For me, there was just shock. I didn't know whether to laugh it off, make a complaint or make it obvious that it'd just happened."
Lee has performed his act professionally for three years, travelling around the UK with his wife Katrina, 37, who often films him.
On 29 September, she was recording Lee's performance, when she spotted two women, believed to be in their late fifties, dancing.
One of the women then appears to deliberately back into Lee and squeeze his crotch repeatedly before laughing to her friend.
Lee, who is father to four and step-father to four other children, said: "This was a festival that I was performing at. I don't want to name the venue.
"I'm an Elvis tribute artist and have been for three years. This isn't something I've come across before - I've had people pinching my bum but unfortunately we all get it.
"There were a lot of people dancing and having a good time. She was dancing in front of the stage then she made two or three steps backwards and grabbed hold of me.
"I would say she was drunk. I think she was showing off a little bit.
"The only person I believe to be associated with her at the time thought it was really funny. She was laughing at the side.
"Katrina was filming the video. I didn't know how to react and neither did my wife.
"She will take videos of the crowd when I'm performing sometimes.
"I didn't know how to handle the situation really.
"If I'm honest I'm not very happy. I don't like that kind of thing - I'm not a stripper."
After his wife angrily shared the video with friends and family, Lee says he was contacted by the woman's family suggesting he was in the wrong for posting the video.
However he has gained support from people urging him to contact the police.
Lee said: "As times gone on and I've mulled over it, I've had messages from members of her family telling I'm in the wrong for publishing it on Facebook.
"They were telling me I'd done something wrong. I've had one message and Katrina's had a couple.
"I've had someone describe her as 'mum' contacted me. She's definitely a mum, possibly a grandma.
"I spoke to the owner of the venue yesterday and he told me he had to have two men removed for doing a similar thing to a woman.
"He's said he's 100 per cent behind me if I want to take things further. The only reason I won't take action is I don't want any damage to me as an entertainer. It's part of life for us. I have to be careful because I want to stay professional. Katrina feels the same as me. We're both angry and upset.

Elvis tribute artist Lee Grindey, 41, with his wife
Elvis tribute artist Lee Grindey, 41, with his wife

"So many people have said that it is sexual assault and we should go to the authorities. You can laugh, but it's because I don't know how to react. It's nervous laughter. You can see that in the reaction from anyone who's seen it. Professional performers do not want that."

RECENT POSTS

ad