ad

Céline Dion Released a New Emotional Song Concerning Her Husband's Death


SCROLL DOWN FOR SONG VIDEO.
Nine months after the death of her husband, René Angélil, Céline Dion has released a new song about the grief process and putting her life back together after loss. "Recovering," which was written by Pink, features lyrics like "Little by little, day by day, one step at a time/ Shake off the devil, take back my piece of mind/ I am recovering."







The song is simple and optimistic, and that's what Pink was going for. "She's a genuine person, and [it was] so generous of her to take the time to write a song for me during the most difficult time of mine," Dion told Entertainment Weekly this summer. "People have a tendency to send me really sad songs, and we do want to sing the touching songs, but life is beautiful, and I really want to believe that René has a life after his life, that he doesn't suffer anymore."

Pink clearly feels the same way about Dion. "Céline possesses one of the most incredible voices that I have ever heard," she told the magazine in a statement. "She is like a magic light bulb, walking around emanating light into the world. When I wrote this song, there was such a simple need to it. I know everyone wants to hear Céline wail, I wanted to hear Céline's soul. She is just simply amazing and getting to write a song for her is one of the biggest honors of my life."

Listen to "Recovering" below:
Follow ipresstv on facebook

RECENT POSTS

ad