ad

You Won't Believe What Lady Gaga Said About Selena Gomez Mental Health Breakdown


Lady Gaga knows a thing or two about fame. (Hello, she has a whole album called The Fame Monster!) So, when someone asked the “Perfect Illusion” singer about what she thought of fellow pop star Selena Gomez taking a break from music to focus on her mental health, Gaga had the perfect answer.





“I would say that fame is very isolating,” she said in a radio interview with 103.5 KTU. “[It] takes a moment for you to stabilize yourself, especially if you’re really in it for the music or for your craft, because it can be a distraction from all of those things.”
“Suddenly, it’s about keeping up with your career,” she continued. “Or keeping up with number ones, or being on top.”
Gaga admitted that she also had to slow down to reevaluate her life. According to the Mother Monster, she needed to break before releasing her upcoming sixth studio album.
“With this record, I just tried to spend the last three years recalibrating myself,” she explained. “So that I could have human connection with people all over the world that maybe didn’t think that they could ever have a connection with somebody like [me].”
The songstress’ sentiments echoed her recent comment made to The Mirror, where she revealed she felt “traumatized” by stress and her hectic schedule when her musical career took off in 2008.
“I needed a moment to stabilize,” she said of her time away from the spotlight. “When my career took off, I don’t remember anything at all. It’s like I’m traumatized. I needed time to recalibrate my soul.”
“I take medication. I’m not saying I feel good because of the medication — I wouldn’t encourage young people to take anti-depressants or mood stabilizers,” Gaga, who’ve struggled with depression and body image issues in the past, shared. “I openly admit to having battled depression and anxiety and I think a lot of people do. I think it’s better when we all say: ‘Cheers!’ And ‘fess up to it.'”
She added, “I find in my 30s, I haven’t actually calmed down. I calm down for periods of time and then I’m actually worse — I’m more wild for a short period of time. It’s a little bit of both. But 30 is fantastic because I feel like I have all the wisdom of my 20s.”

RECENT POSTS

ad