ad

This 6-Foot 2-Inch, 250-Pound Woman Just Signed To A Major Modeling Contract, But Is She “Too Big” To Model

Taylor Rhoden’s story is an encouraging one in the fashion industry world! It has been the standard for very strict rules to be placed on ideals to be maintained for the catwalk and print.
Instagram

Taylor is proving that with enough vision and perseverance you can break stereotypes and introduce a new normal just by being strong in your spirit and body.

Instagram

Taylor Rhoden- a 23 year old Los Angeles native- stands at 6′ 2″. She has been repeatedly told she is too tall and curvy for the business. She just made those words null and void by winning a UK competition for Curvy Kate as a lingerie model.

Instagram

If that isn’t enough, she has also signed with the well-regarded New York True Model Management agency. Taylor is living proof that as long as you keep going for your dreams, you can accomplish it regardless of what words are thrown your way.





Instagram

“I’ve been turned away from many agencies due to my height. I’ve always been told that I’m “too tall”. Although I thought my height and look was beautiful and unique, I felt like the agencies never saw that,” Taylor opened up recently.

Instagram

“I am yet to see women that look like me, not only am I tall, I’m also plus size and I’m black, African-American, so I would really like to see someone that resembles me for once in the spotlight this is an opportunity for me to inspire women all over the world to love the skin they’re in.”

Instagram

Taylor’s spirit was the catch all for True Model Management. Tashina Zamlowski from the Agency said: “When Taylor walked in she lit up the room with her smile and positive energy. She is a beautiful person, inside and out, and we are excited to see all that she accomplishes going forward with the agency”.

Instagram

We think it’s encouraging to hear that an agency is noticing someone’s spirit first and foremost. True beauty exudes on print when you have the spirit to back the outer beauty.

Instagram

Taylor’s instagram is littered with encouraging words. Her most recent posts are filled with excitement over her dreams being realized.

Instagram

“So I’m still in shock and trying to process the good news. But I wanted to make this post to first and foremost thank @curvykate @barenecessities@truemodelmgt for this amazing opportunity.


Instagram

“When I took this submission photo back in August, never in a million years did I think I would win and become the new face of @curvykate ! Huge thank you to @truemodelmgtfor bringing me on board!”

Instagram

“I’ve been working hard for years to make this modeling dream of mine come true and the moment has finally come! I’m so elated that you all saw potential in me.”

Instagram

We think Taylor says it best: “It’s crazy how once you let go of all your deepest fears and worries, amazing things begin to happen. All it takes is a little faith and things start falling into place and opportunities begin presenting themselves.”

Instagram

“No more holding back! Let go so you can become that person you’re meant to be.”

Instagram

We hope Taylor’s story can remind each and every one of us to keep on going and never give up. Let words from others be just that- words. Don’t take them to heart unless they support your cause.



As Taylor says, “I’m only accepting positive energy”. We think those are good words to live by any day of the week!
















RECENT POSTS

ad