ad

“Little Women Atlanta” Celebrity Emily Fernandez Talk About Losing Her Son



Little Women: Atlanta star Emily Fernandez is grieving over the loss of her 3-month-old son who died on August 5 due to health complications.
The reality star’s second child experienced seizures and had blood around his brain, which unfortunately led to his untimely death.
"To say the last three months have been the most difficult of my life is the understatement of the century.
“Lontel Jahnar Johnson Jr. (JJ), my second born, was a prayer answered. He was born on April 27, 2016, and he was the perfect tiny package,” she said to People.
“My baby was having seizures in utero and doctors believe there was a problem with the placenta. Little people pregnancies are high risk and being pregnant with a little person is even more dangerous. JJ wasn't receiving enough oxygen and he was born with blood around his brain."
The mother and her boyfriend believed little JJ would overcome his health complications and make it through, but the continuous surgeries took a toll on the infant.
"I fought for his life – I demanded that he have multiple tests run. I wanted to be sure that I did everything in my power to save him and keep him,” she said.  
“I'm so grateful to the staff at Medical City in Dallas for everything they did for my baby. If he would've been average height, this would've still happened. Everything was due to his brain damage."
Her son was born on April 27 and died after being taken off a ventilator.

RECENT POSTS

ad