ad

Team USA Just Chose Simone Biles To Lead Them At The Closing Ceremony Of Rio Olympics


Team USA Gymnast/Actual Superwoman Simone Biles has been chosen by her teammates to carry the flag during the Closing Ceremonies on Sunday evening.
The U.S. Olympic Committee announced Saturday morning that the 19-year-old, who won four gold medals at the games (and is the first American to ever to so!), will lead Team USA as they close out the Rio Olympics.
"It's an incredible honor to be selected as the flag bearer by my Team USA teammates," Simone said. "This experience has been the dream of a lifetime for me and my team and I consider it a privilege to represent my country, the United States Olympic Committee and USA Gymnastics by carrying our flag. I also wish to thank the city of Rio de Janeiro, and the entire country of Brazil, for hosting an incredible Games."
Hooray! I'm so excited to see our lady Simone close out the Olympics in style, but also sad that they're over! I guess I just have to go back to not caring about sports for another four years, I guess!? (But I'm also a little happy that the Olympics are over because I can't take this level of stress much longer. I *literally* ripped out a chunk of my hair during the women's floor finals, and so I think I need to take several valium and sit in a dark room for a week to come down.)
Update 8/20/16 1PM: Simone just invited her celeb crush Zac Efron via Twitter. Come thru, Zac!






RECENT POSTS

ad