ad

LADY GAGA AND FLORENCE WELCH'S COLLABO TITLE AND LYRICS REVEALS BY LADY GAGA


Update, 9/12: After announcing she's working with Florence Welch on a song for her impending album, Lady Gaga divulged more details on the much buzzed-about duet in an interview with Z100 radio. The song, titled "Hey Girl," gives a message of female empowerment and support, according to the lyrics Gaga shared on air.

"Florence and I, when we were working together, we cried, we laughed, we hugged each other," she told of the writing process before reciting a portion of the lyrics:


"Hey girl, can you hear me, are you holding out your heart? / Hey girl, do you feel me, sometimes I go too far / Hey girl, it ain't easy, I know it's pulling me apart / Hey girl don't you leave me, Hey girl don't you leave me / Hey girl, Hey girl / We can make it easy if we lift each other / We don't need to keep on oneing-up another"

"I don't feel like you can write a song with lyrics that capture the relationship between two people unless you have a real human connection," Gaga said of the collaboration process, something she's experienced a lot for her next musical project.





She revealed who else helped her out with the new album: Beck (who surprisingly made a dance track with her), Father John Misty, Kevin Parker of Tame Impala and Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age (who actually played guitar in "Perfect Illusion").

However, when it came to a release date, Gaga kept mum—but she did admit her next album is coming "really soon."

Listen to the full interview below.
[h/t Billboard]




Original post, 9/9: As if a brand new song wasn't enough, Lady Gaga just blessed us with more good news. The singer announced that she and Florence Welch, the well-dressed frontwoman of Florence + The Machine, are working on a duet together.

"There's a feature on the album that I think you will be very excited about," Gaga toldBBC Radio 1. "Me and Florence Welch did a duet together. I started to work on an idea for a song that I really wanted to do with a girl. You'll see why when you see what the song is about."

The Born This Way singer is expected to drop a new album this year, but a release date has yet to be confirmed. Gaga is reportedly working with producers like Mark Ronson and RedOne for the upcoming project, but when it came to collaborating with Welch, she was excited to work with an artist she really admires.

"I just thought, 'Who do I want to sing with?' She's really to me if not the best, one of the greatest vocalists in the world. She's incredible," she added. Her point brings up an intriguing thought—it will be interesting to see how Welch's unique vocals will blend with Gaga's own big voice.

Gaga's new single "Perfect Illusion" just dropped this morning. Will her new record with Welch have a similar sound? Tune in below.



RECENT POSTS

ad