ad

Dating Tips: Important Rules Women Should Apply When Texting


Dating, women, and texting. Oh my lord. I cannot tell you how many emails I get that can basically be summed up with "He never texted me back. What do I do?" Here's a great example:
*I was late to pick up this guy I was seeing (because of traffic) and he informed me that he had been waiting for me for 30 minutes. He was pretty mad. We didn't really talk much on the way home [what follows is her recount of many barely returned, or unreturned texts she sent the guy over the following days and weeks}…I sent another text and he never said anything.






Textual Dysfunction*
OK Ladies, I've talked about texting protocol before, but I want to make this as clear as possible, so I will say it in 5 different ways:

  1. Stay in the driver's seat
  2. Remain a mystery
  3. Don't seem too eager
  4. Be busy

Keep it short and sweet
There's a rule of 2 here. He sends you a text, you send him 2 texts. NO! Wrong! He sends a text, you send a text. That's it. Rule of 2. And make it short. And sweet. And don't give him too many options. Whatever you think you have to say, you don't. Please trust me. I am both a writer and a guy who knows a little something or other about dating, writing more than he does is not to your benefit.
"But won't I sound like a robot?" you ask. Yes. A sexy, unavailable robot, who is far too busy with her awesome robot life to worry about silly boys texting her back.
Texting has given both men and women a whole new forum with which to infuriate each other—I'm in no way saying that you should be using your phone as a weapon, or the joystick in some game. But you should be using it; it, or he, shouldn't be using you.

Any questions? Do you text guys more than they text you? Or is it the other way around?










RECENT POSTS

ad